Sunday 30 August 2015

A Step Up The Career Ladder



I took a counselling break as I wanted to travel and work abroad. Then after five years it was hard to get a counseling post and I hated working as a teacher and getting bad schools all the time and working with unprofessional people.
There was a school that I really wanted to work at as a counselor.
I took photos of myself and inserted my name and working at ” Name of school”. I took a photo of the school and stuck my own picture on one window as if it’s my office and I am looking through my window. As I am an expat I took my visa page and replaced the old school name with a new school as my sponsor on my visa. I wrote a letter to myself as if by the school congratulating me for being accepted. I wrote a check by the school to me with my salary. I visualized being happy, having great colleagues and support.
The wait was long, three months, but I kept on looking at it and combined with deep, intense prayer in which I believed I will get it, and thanking God for bringing it to me, and acting as if I already received it, it came!
I was overjoyed!
I have many colleagues from my country at this school. I have great support unlike other places with internal politics I am protected and treated fairly at all times. My hard work is acknowledged. I am respected and I have great benefits that I have worked long and hard for in previous jobs but never got what I deserved.
I really felt that it was my turn and it was long overdue, and it is my turn now.
I know only greater things can come to me. I am victorious.
I knew it was my belief and prayer more than anything that got me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment