Tuesday 25 August 2015

Gratitude Works!


Let me start by saying 'Thank You' to not just Rhonda & entire member that was involved in making 'The Secret' movie but also the book. My story is a common day in the life of a working employee.

The day was 25th Aug,2015. I normally leave home by 9 to reach office by 10 as my office has an extended time of 30 mins, so even if you reach by 10 they wouldn't mark you late & let me be true that I hardly reached on time, unless I left home early. But this day was different.

Being an amid admirer of WWE RAW, I finished watching it LIVE on Ten Sports at 8:45 am & thought I would be late again, but then I affirmed to myself, that I wouldn't think this way & would Thank everything I see near me, so I thanked the TV switch, the TV, the Set Top Box, the fan, the doors, the gates, the path, my legs until I reached main road & then I saw an auto passing by me, who just stopped by me, but he denied going to the metro station. Normally, anyone would get angry, but I remembered my oath & instead thanked him for not taking me to the metro.

The next thing I saw was an Auto that had 'Off Duty' mentioned on it. He stopped by me & I asked him, if he is actually Off Duty & he said 'No Sir, it is by mistake. Please take your seat & tell me where would you like to go.' I was shocked. I thanked him before I took my seat & asked him to drop me at metro. Amazingly enough, our conversation was so amazing that we continuously laughed because of amazing discussion we had. He said one line that struck with me,'Never Hurt someone who has helped you during your rainy days.' I was almost about to cry because they were such pure words, but I controlled myself.

Now, when I reached the station, I missed the metro at the platform, but I still thanked it & said,'Thank You for leaving. You have paved way for a new metro for me. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!'  The next to next train was towards my destination & it was difficult to fit in because of the crowd, but I still got a space. I Thanked the space that I used of the compartment. The train moved & I was at the nearest metro station to my office 15 mins before time. I Thanked the metro again & kept on thanking everything on my way....

The day was amazing, the evening seems to be even better & I am making it a habit to be Thankful for all that I had,have, will have or do.

May All Happiness be with all! A BIG 'Thank You' to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment