Wednesday 1 July 2015

Rags To Riches

http://www.thesecret.tv/stories/rags-to-riches/


As a young girl I always wondered what I would be when I grew up. I was always afraid of living a mundane life in the corporate world, working 9 to 5 at a desk somewhere, bored and living paycheck to paycheck. And yet somehow that is where I ended up.
At the age of 22 I became a single mother. My parents warned me it would be a hard life and of course I believed them. My daughter is the joy of my life but in order to make ends meet I took the first and best paying job I could find.
I ended up in adult education which is a rewarding field to be in of course, but somehow we always seem to be struggling financially. There never seemed to be quite enough money. I hated saying to my daughter over and over as she was growing up, I’m sorry we just can’t afford it.
Now at the age of 50 my daughter is grown and I have a grandson. My daughter, son-in-law and grandson all live with me and they’re struggling financially as well.
I started reading The Secret about a year ago and really began to analyze my life, what I wanted and what was missing as well as the fears that caused me to hold back on my dreams. At this point I wasn’t even sure what my dreams were. I was feeling very tired and very old. The top two priorities in my life at this point where to improve my health and in order to do that I knew it was necessary to be able to have more income without working so hard. But this seemed like a very vague desire and I really wasn’t sure how to cross the bridge of where I was and where I wanted to be.
I decided as a more solid goal that I wanted to work from home. I felt that this would make me feel more comfortable, less a part of the corporate rat race and would give me a little extra time for myself to help improve my health. I set up an office in the corner of my home. One that was facing the window where it was well lit and I could get fresh air as I thought working from home should be pleasurable and not feel like work.
Within a few weeks of setting up my home office I was called by a friend who work at an online school was looking for some online teachers. I was now working from home as an online teacher and bringing in an extra $600-1200 a month.
For awhile I was feeling elated. The Secret was really working for me. But I was still working my full time job in an office in addition to the new teaching job and after a period of time I realized I was working more for the extra money and this was not really what I wanted. So I had to redefine my goals. I spoke to the universe, “What I want is to double my income but work half the hours”.
I was called again by my friend who was looking for a full time system administrator. The position would pay a bit more than my current job and was full time at home and I could set my own hours. I did some research on the company and at first was fearful because the company was struggling financially. But after speaking with some friends and family I decided to face my fears and accept the position. I was now making a bit more money, about 10 percent more per year and now I would be working full time at home.
Seeing my success I now putting all of my fears aside. I continued to focus positively yet effortlessly on how I might be able to double my income and reduce my hours additionally. Again I spoke to the universe and put my trust in it and kept my eyes open for any signs.
When I spoke to my current employer regarding my resignation I was asked if I would consider staying on part time or even full time if I could work from home and around the other job. Needless to say I accepted!
In less than 30 days time, I now work from my home setting my own hours and have more than doubled my income!!
My next goal is to improve my health and fitness and I have no doubt this can be achieved with the power of positive thought.
I continue to read and review The Secret teachings. The more I do the more I see how positive thoughts as well as negative have influenced my life and my choices in my future.
I cannot thank you enough for sharing The Secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment