Monday 26 October 2015

Bending Reality

Republished from The Secret

(Image Credit: ascensioncenter)

My childhood dream is to become a scientist. After watching and reading The Secret, The Power and The Magic, I decided to finally reach for this dream with all the powers the Law of Attraction has given me.

The LOA has allowed me to manifest so many things from thin air, but pursuing this dream will be my most important manifestation so far. The first step to this dream was to get a scholarship from a prestigious university abroad.

Late last year, I made a vision board. I cut and pasted a picture of a school scene with the heading: Study amidst the legacy of Nobel. This might sound a long shot, but I wanted to study and learn from professors and lecturers who are Nobel Prize Laureates. I did not know how to get to a university with professors with laureates, but I pursued anyway. I pasted this picture on my door so that every morning before I left the room I would be able to feel gratitude and love for this vision. When I started doing this, I had nothing: No idea which university to apply to, how to apply, and the money I needed for all the processing. But I kept the faith.

I remembered what Esther Hicks said, “Stop describing what is, and ask yourself what it is that you really want and tell your story like you want it to be.” Each time I commuted to work, I always told myself that I am now going to the university for my PhD. I also became grateful for what I had, for the job that I had and for the experience my job has given me.

In leaps and bounds, my new universe has started to unfold before my very eyes. Everything and everyone I needed just started to appear from nowhere.

A former colleague who happened to be a scholar abroad informed me of a scholarship application. He was the angel sent by the universe who guided me every step of the way. From no way, I was shown the path. Every day that I was preparing for the application I imagined myself getting the scholarship, using my will and might to feel as much love and excitement as I could. Before the deadline, I submitted my application. While waiting for the results, every night, I blessed the university where I applied and I blessed the admission officers with joy, love and well-being.

The Secret says that what you give, you will receive and quantum physics tells us that everything is connected. I channeled my blessings through nature such as plants and trees.

Within 10 days after I submitted my application, I received a notice that I was shortlisted and therefore, I had to be ready for an online interview.

I was so happy and I tried to feel as much gratitude and love for this good news. Gratitude is the greatest multiplier of blessings. A night before my scheduled interview, I told the universe to grant me the wisdom and to put the right words into my mouth. The interview went on smoothly; however, I still had to wait for two weeks for the decision of the admission committee.

Each day that I was waiting, I started to feel nervous. Anxiety is a sign that we are not in alignment to what we want.

But I found a most effective cure for anxiety: Gratitude. Every night I tried to feel thankful for what I have already received: the guidance to the application, and being shortlisted. I even gave thanks to the admission officers who evaluated my application.

Gratitude had cured my nervousness. I also made a decree: the next email I will receive from the secretariat of the admission office will bear the word “congratulations”. I made this decree with as much conviction as I could. I imagined the feeling and the reaction I would have when I receive the good news. I felt thankful every day as if I had been admitted already.

About two weeks later, I received an email from the admission office. My eyes immediately searched for the word congratulations.

And there it is!!!!

“Congratulations and welcome to our university.” The only words I could speak that day were thank you.

I now was admitted and I had to manifest another important thing or else my admission would be useless.: My visa.

Activities in the university where I was admitted, would start late August. However given my circumstances at my workplace, I could only apply around the middle of August and I have only 1 week to complete all the requirements for my visa.

How was I supposed to get my visa in one week? If something goes wrong in one of my requirements, my visa application would be delayed. However, I maintained my faith. I have manifested so much already and I felt there is nothing I cannot manifest anymore. I used a technique in Rhonda’€™s book, The Magic. I listed all the steps I need to make for my visa approval. I wrote the exact date when each step was supposed to be completed and the final item in my list would be the date of the opening of classes which I will be attending. I carried the list with me, and at least twice a day, I go over my list and gave thanks.

And one by one, each item in my list was being accomplished. I checked the item every time it was brought to completion.

I am now starting my PhD studies in a world class institution. I am living the life I envisioned for myself: learning new skills, making new friends, seeing new places and trying different tastes and sounds. Practicing The Secret has given me power, the power to bend reality! In a way I have become a reality bender. I can will obstacles to disappear and everything I decreed and envisioned has come true including my vision that my testimony will become the story of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment