Saturday 23 May 2015

Dream Job in a Fashion Magazine

Republished from The Secret

By Gabriela
from Mexico
First of all, thank you!! Thank you Rhonda. Thank you to the team of The Secret and thank you all who share your stories. You give me hope and happiness every day.

After studying my masters degree in Fashion Journalism in the UK which I got to study using the LOA, my visa ran out and I was forced to leave the country. I came back to my home town with no job prospects.

It was my dream to work in a fashion magazine and, if you've ever seen The Devil Wears Prada, you'll know there are "a thousand girls who'd kill for a job" in a fashion magazine. It's true, competition is fierce. And in my country, there are so few titles, the few positions open are fought to the nails.

My home town is not the capital of the country and for months I looked and looked for a job from there. I'd go to interviews and come back and go back to second interviews but nothing panned out. My original plan was to move to the city when I got a job but then I realized that was not acting as if I had a job already. So with all the trust in the Universe I moved!

I was here for three days and I took inspired action. I had contact with the Editor in Chief of a magazine I loved but I knew there were no vacancies there. But since I was in town and had nothing to do while I found a job, I offered to go and help her in the office a couple of times a week. She agreed happily and I started going. I figured, this is surely the best way to act and believe as if I have a job. Then I met her boss and he said I would get paid a symbolic amount. Then I was asked to come more days a week.

Now, less than 4 months after, I'm signing my contract for a permanent position that was created especially for me!!

What did I do?

Simple. I was in tune with the frequency to receive. When I was unemployed it was very hard for me to feel happy and grateful about having a job because I didn't have one. But it's like it says in The Power, if you can't feel love for a particular thing, just love everything else! This will put you in a frequency of love and you will receive. At the time, I focused on my family and my amazing boyfriend, I was grateful for them every day and felt happy.

Also, when I was already coming to "work" to my magazine, I only focused on the good and gave thanks. I could've focused on the fact that I wasn't getting paid, had no contract, no security, no title. Instead, I was just being grateful that I was doing my dream job! I gave thanks every day for being able to come to work to a fashion magazine, for my boss being so amazing and everyone on the team being so nice.

And the more I gave thanks, the more my situation at work improved, until it became exactly what I wanted!

I hope this story helps you get what you want. Your dream job is out there and it's yours already. It may not even exist yet but you WILL create it! Just be happy and grateful for everything you have.

Love to all of you reading. I hope you smile a lot today.


About Gabriela from Mexico:
A firm believer who's grateful every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment