Monday 18 May 2015

My Life Changed In Less Than A Year!!! - The Secret Story of the Week

Republished from The Secret



By Candice
from Houston, TX
My husband and I watched The Secret online - and LOVED it! This was nine months ago, when we and our six year old daughter lived in a tiny duplex home. After viewing the movie, I told my husband that I was going to get the book to read (instead of "wanting to read it"). And my next day in class (I am in nursing school), my study partner was reading The Secret! When I sat next to her, she tells me that she was just finishing it up, and had brought it for me. I just started laughing, because I knew without a doubt that this was no coincidence. As a result, I began living The Secret. 

I started by announcing that my home was just too small, and that I was ready for a house. Although on one income, commission only at that, and able to afford little at the time, I went out "house hunting" anyway - not questioning how. I found a nice 3 bedroom 2 bath, and said "OK, this is what I want - just this size." That day I went home, and my Mom called me and told me that they are wanting to sell their second home - a 3 bedroom 2 bath, in the nicest neighborhood, in a town we had been wanting to move to. We got a deal, as my parents wouldn't profit off of us. 

Right before our move, my husband happened to get a new job near our new home, with a raise in title and pay - therefore we could clearly afford our twofold raise in living expenses.

Then, I tried the exercise of imagining myself in a new car. I practiced this from time to time, not too frequently, but when I did, I really used my imagination and felt myself enjoying my new vehicle. I could see the bright red paint of the front hood, the big grey steering wheel, the powerful engine. Sporty and luxurious. 3 months later, my husband found an amazing deal at a new car lot, and our credit score had improved so rapidly that we could get a gorgeous new Toyota Tundra Crew Max with leather interior for little more per month than our little Camry. Get this, it was glossy bright red!!!

We continue to live The Secret, and inform others by telling them - and through our living demonstrations. We give freely - because we know that we will always have enough and more. My attitude and outlook remains positive, for the most part. If I experience difficulty, or negative feelings, I recognize them and change the frequency as quickly as possible.
About Candice from Houston, TX:
Happily married 10 years, mother of one, soon-to-be nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment