Thursday 21 January 2016

The Magic Works!

Republished from The Secret


I would like to share a bumpy and quite unexpected path to my current new job.
In 2014, due to various changes, my heavy workload became overwhelming. I was basically working 6 days a week most of the time, and sometimes I had to catch the last train home, which departed at nearly 1 am. There were also disputes with my colleagues because of conflicts of interests.
In May 2014, I decided enough is enough. I’m going to find a new job. Then I wrote down in a note 3 top priorities for my new job; an amount of salary, reasonable working hours, and harmonious relationships with my colleagues.
In less than one week, I found The Magic in a bookstore I rarely visited, and started to apply the gratitude practices. No, I didn’t finish the 30 days, but the Universe still worked The Magic. My company made some changes, and my workload lessened a bit. This was totally unexpected because this change was against the weakening economy.
However, the change was not enough to change my mind to look for a new job. I kept looking, and trust me, I tried hard. I talked to many headhunters, got friends’ referrals, and also applied to the roles on companies’ websites directly. Nothing happened. Not even an interview out of at least 10 positions I applied for. I was either to senior or to junior for the role.
Going into Jan 2015, I got an interview for a position which I believed was a perfect fit for me. The interview went very well, but I didn’t get the job. One day, I cannot remember exactly, but it was a good article I read or a nice song I heard made me feel calm and peaceful. So peaceful that I felt happy for whatever the Universe has arranged for me, with or without a new job.
Shortly after that, I got a promotion with a decent raise, which is unusual given my company’s weak performance in 2014. With new joiners to our team, my workload also reduced quite a lot and I now leave the office at fairly reasonable hours. The tensions between my team and other teams also faded.
I re-looked at my note on my vision board, and found all of my 3 priorities met by my current job!!! I removed the note from my vision board.
Guess what?
The Magic doesn’t stop there. I was approached for a position at another company. It was a good position and I would get a team to work for me, which is exactly what I need as I want to start a business in a medium term, and it would be fantastic to gain management experience for my next career.
It took me more than 2 months to go through 8 rounds of interviews. By the time I finished them, it was more than one year after I decided to find a new job. During this process, I kept telling myself to do my best for the interview and leave the rest to the Universe.
You guessed right. I got the offer!
They even give me more than what I ask for!!!
Let go, and let the Universe to decide the best for you. However, never give up and never stop working hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment