Wednesday 20 January 2016

The Secret Newbie.

Republished from The Secret


I’m very new to The Secret, and, admittedly, still a bit skeptical. However, being usually open-minded, I am working hard to apply the principles of The Secret to my life.
Just about half an hour ago, I was turned down for the 23rd time for employment. This particular job would have taken me half way around the world and given me an opportunity to change a lot of lives.
But, no. I had a small pity party, then remembered The Secret: If it didn’t happen, it means something better is out there for me and I should be happy this didn’t get in my way of something better. I sent up a quick prayer of thanks, and reminded myself to not only be grateful for the opportunity but also to remember God has a bigger plan for me and trust Him.
Throughout this, I had also been waiting to hear from my University after submitting an application for a research presentation grant.
I am not kidding, the MINUTE I sent up my prayer of gratitude, an email popped into my notifications saying my grant application had been accepted!
Unbelievable. I’m still sitting here shaking my head!
So, while I am still essentially underemployed, I do have a grant to present my research. My research and higher ed degree should get me rightfully employed. But I have to remember to be grateful and send out my gratitude on a regular basis.
Huh. Just still amazed how The Secret worked so quickly! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment