Monday 15 February 2016

Faith

Republished from The Secret


My story began in 2013 when my life took a dramatic change. I began to get bullied at work. I was so naive I didn’t see it happening and thought if I just kept my head down things would be OK. The more I tried, the more I annoyed the bully, and the worse it got.
Eventually I was suspend and then later sacked, as I’d cracked and walked out of her office as I couldn’t take anymore of the verbal attacks. At the time I was devastated. I’d lost the job I loved in a school I really enjoyed working in, and to top it off, I lost the colleagues that I thought were friends.
By March 2014 my mental health had deteriorated and I’d been diagnosed with PTSD. My thoughts turned to ending my life on more than one occasion.
At the time, my 2 daughters lived with me and treated me to getting my nails manicured at the local salon. There a young lady named Ashley introduced me to The Secret. She was so positive and enthusiastic about it that I felt compelled to look into it. As it turned out, my sister had given me the book and DVD some 3 years earlier and I’d just put it in a cupboard.
I started to read the book but could not hold my concentration so I watched the DVD. After about 3 viewings I started to take in what I was being told and began to use it in my daily life. I wrote down my thoughts of what I wanted and how I saw my life in the next 12 months. I also began cleaning my closet (life) of negative people who seemed happy that I’d hit rock bottom. I began to focus on the year ahead.
The changes in my health and outlook was apparent to those who were closest to me. Being more positive and starting each day grateful that I’d woken up, was the start.
I’d wrote a list of my thoughts and put them on the fridge. My youngest son thought I was going mad and that I was being stupid but I kept the faith. Other family members laughed at me and thought I’d really lost the plot.
In December 2014 my life was good, my mental health better and one of my thoughts had come to reality as I’d moved to a much nicer area. However, the best was yet to come. On the 12/30 I won the lottery!! This enabled me to achieve all my thoughts from my list on the fridge and many more.
Come February, I began to look for employment and a super job came to me, which I loved and took a great amount of enjoyment from. It was not however, in teaching, which I wanted to get back doing.
It was May 2015 when I first stepped back into a classroom and the feeling was amazing. I feel very blessed as my life has completely turned around. I awake each morning with a smile on my face and cannot wait to enjoy great the day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment