Wednesday 17 August 2016

Go The Extra Mile, It’s Never Crowded.

Republished from The Secret


I have been using The Secret for many years now and it has been pivotal to my life in so many wonderful ways. I am a normal mother of 2 beautiful children and married to my love for 20 years but also a passionate entrepreneur!
In 2007 while running down to the park to meet up with my husband and children I was inspired with a vision to create a children’s health and fitness board game. I was so ecstatic as this vision was so vivid during my run and when I got down to the park I quickly told my daughter, Hailey, who was on the monkey bars about this unique game. I said Hailey I just need a name for this game and she said call it LunchBox Kids! I loved the name my daughter came up with! Now with my daughter on board it infused my entrepreneurial spirit. Which then began the long 6 year journey to bring this vision to life.
I was so infected by this vision, immediately that evening, I bought a poster board from the store and began to draw out my vision. From the beginning my children were completely on board but my husband was not. He was overwhelmed with all the regular things life was consuming our time with such as; work, kids, being volunteer coaches in whatever sports our children chose to do, taking care of our pets, house, bills, etc. In my husbands mind there was no room to add my insane vision of creating a health and fitness board game for kids and trying to bring it to the market by ourselves with our already overwhelmed life! But my husband and I are personal trainers, heck we met at a gym almost 20 years ago, and I knew eventually he would jump on board and once he did then I would have what I needed to keep going; his full support.
Little did I know it would take a grueling 6 years, 4 prototypes and thousands of hours learning the ins and outs of production. Choosing a manufacture itself took me 8 months of research. I had almost given up finding one and the very last one was the right one! I would go to the gym in the mornings and bring The Secret book with me and read it while I was on the StairMaster. The Secret kept me going. I understood that all my energy and that of my children was too passionate and too pure with a love for this game. It was bound to attract everyone and everything we needed to help us along the way.
We tested our first duct taped prototype game at our local elementary school in a 3rd grade classroom with children we did not know. I will never forget my humble gratitude as I left the school with tears of joy running down my face because the kids truly loved our families invention. You see our game makes children take pop quizzes about health and fitness and perform actual exercise challenges. I was not sure if children would love it or hate it. My kids, who have grown up with fitness parents of course loved it, but what about kids that were not mine?
I used everything I could to keep me going. I made a vision board and within 5 years everything on that vision board had either come true or was in the process of coming true!
Even my husband and children were inspired to make their own vision boards. I would put phrases on sticky notes everywhere, on my bathroom mirror, kitchen cabinets, car visor, computer, etc.
My mother-n-law even bought me a plaque for my desk that says “Go the extra mile. It’s never crowded”. I even started a gratitude book and wrote down everything in my life that I was truly grateful for and used my book as meditation time.
Our game was finally published in September 2013 and since then our game is currently being used in schools all across the U.S. aligning with their coordinated school health programs.
Our game has also achieved some incredible awards and recognition: The First Patented Health & Fitness Board Game! Winner of the Good Housekeeping Best Games 2014 Award, Chosen by After School Today Magazine as Top 14 Products for 2014, Winner of the National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval Award 2013, Awarded Dr. Toy Top 10 Games 2013 and Dr. Toy Top 100 Toys 2013!
We still have a long journey to complete our path but our families invention has brought my family closer. We have achieved amazing milestones together with such honorable and amazing achievements from our persistence and using the law of attraction without putting a time-frame on the when and/or how’s!
My husband bought me The Secret and The Power for Christmas and I can’t tell you how much I enjoy Rhonda Byrne’s books. I am more of a silent fan who has shared The Secret movie and books with my friends and family over the years. I am always willing to learn and I want to live my life full of love. I am positive without knowing The Secret I would of never been able to get through the past 6 years trying to bring our families invention to the market by ourselves!
I have so much love for knowing about The Secret it fills me with joyful tears! It has opened my heart and mind and brought my children, husband, family and friends together on a level that just is impeccable!
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Sincerely,
Elizabeth Northcutt

No comments:

Post a Comment