Sunday 6 November 2016

From Dead To Living Again.

Republished from The Secret

Hi my name is Neil and I am 35 years old. My parents split up when I was twelve and that had a very hard impact on me not know why my parents split and seeing our family being torn. It was heartbreaking to me so I turned to the dark side. I started smoking, doing drugs, breaking the law and finding myself in jail at the age of 13 for breaking the law. It hurt so much to see our happy family in so much pain.
I would do things and get in trouble with the law so I didn’t have to face real life. After my first trip to jail it didn’t seem so bad a place to stay, with peers around all the time to confide in and so on so forth. This went on for the next 4 to 5 years.
Then one day a youth counselor gave me the book The Secret to read. I didn’t pay much attention and read a lil bit here and there to pass the time, but didn’t really take anything from it at the time. I would continue to get in trouble with the law, do drugs and things that made me numb to real life for the next 5 to 8 years.
Eventually I found myself sitting in a jail cell in Alberta with no family to come visit because I was from the east coast and was so far away. So as I spent my time there I would look for anything to do to pass the time, so I could get out of there back to what I called life. Later I learned it wasn’t life that I had been living but more like hell.
I was going through the books the jail had to offer for the inmates. Nothing caught my interest so I went back to my cell. A few minutes later I got a knock on the door. It was a female guard with a book in her hand. She handed it to me and says I should read it, that she saw me looking at the books. I told her there was nothing interesting there but I said thanks for the book and started to read it. From that day forward is when I realized the that book would change my life. It was empowering the things I have learned and that the law of attraction is real.
After I read the book we had a long talk. The guard couldn’t understand why I was there. She said I had such a great outlook on life.
I was released from jail for the last time and I moved home to Nova Scotia started to get a new and good life again. Now I have a good job, I am on great terms with my family, I have beautiful wife and son a and good health, so for that I thank you for sharing The Secret with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment