Saturday 29 October 2016

Bad Odds.

Republished from The Secret

A few years back a good friend of mine told me to watch The Secret. I had no idea what to expect but I kept an open mind, and like most people I knew it was life altering. I had recently completed a military course that involved some shooting and I placed very well. It gained the attention of my operations Sergeant Major and he asked if I wanted to go to sniper school since some of his sniper qualified soldiers were rotating out. Being in the Guard, I didn’t think I would ever have that opportunity much less have it fall into my lap.
After a few months of training and proving my worth, I was off to school! Typically the success ratio is 50%, no matter who is attending. My class was 31 students and half were active duty. We graduated with 14, 9 of them lost from heat exhaustion and quitting. Some events I did great in and some events I had some serious struggles. When I was up, I would relive that feeling as much as possible on my down time, and when I was all but failing, I would imagine my drive home with my graduation certificate on my passenger seat so I could look at it the whole way. “Always desire the end result” is what I would remember from The Secret movie. Don’t get hung up on the how, just focus on your why.
After some extremely close calls and the odds not in anyone’s favor, I had a 16 hour ride home and half of my time was spent looking at my certificate! A year later I helped train another sniper candidate and told him my process, and it worked just the same!
Feeling the immense gratitude after receiving, and being able to share it with others has grown out our sniper section to 90% strength and a 100% pass rate since I went to school!
Thank you! Feel good, and share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment