Saturday 30 July 2016

Keep Pushing Forward.

Republished from The Secret


I was in a half relationship a couple of years ago. What’s a half relationship you ask? Well, I was the “mistress” to a girl that had a boyfriend. We dragged the relationship on for a long time and during that time I lost myself. I literally was delusional, thinking that all I needed in life was me and her to be together. During that time nothing mattered, I lost touch with my friends, I couldn’t concentrate at work and was spending money to make myself happy.
I was exposed to The Secret at a book fair and later on I watched the movie. I started practicing the disciplines and even created a vision board. Let me tell you now that life didn’t go as illustrated on the vision board. I started turning my life around slowly by keeping a positive attitude and saw the good in every situation.
Emotionally, I was all better within one year. I spend tons of times with my friends, made more friends and had a blast. Financially, I worked my ass off to change careers by going to school. There were tough times but things worked out from money that came out of nowhere, such as tutoring money, lottery wins, airbnb and bonuses. Romantically, I finally found someone extraordinary. She’s amazing and really kept me focused, even during times when I had no income and had a poor relationship with my parents. Truly amazing.
Things finally started happening when I finally started to let go by not thinking about the “how”. I kept doing the necessary things to put myself in success by pushing forward no matter what. It’s been a fight and it still is but this process has made me stronger and confident.
Things might get worse before it gets better but what you need to do is keep pushing forward. Don’t dwell for too long and get back up. Keep applying for the job, keep going out on dates, keep doing problem sets and forget the “how”. The Universe really does reward you. I wish everyone out there best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment