Saturday 23 July 2016

The Unlikely House.

Republished from The Secret


I watched The Secret movie on Netflix. I wanted to believe it to be true, but it went against my skeptical world view. At the time, we were struggling in a rental situation and needed to get a house. Problem was, we had no free cash and our credit was poor. I decided that if the Law of Attraction was as great as they say it is, it would help me to get a house. One stipulation, we had to get it without a mortgage.
So, after approximately 2 months, an opportunity came up. It would have involved a bunch of additional ties and caveats, so I turned it down but kept looking. About a month later, I found a cheap house which I could have bought with my retirement savings, like a 401k. My partner and I realized that we could combine our retirement savings to purchase the house without a mortgage, due to a new government initiative which helped first home buyers with additional funds. I only knew this was available through a chance conversation with a co-worker.
So, there was a perfect storm of a $39000 house, just the right amount of retirement savings and some government assistance. We now live in that house with it’s 4 bedrooms, double garage and fenced yard.
Thank you Rhonda for teaching this skeptic about the Law of Attraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment