Saturday 16 July 2016

Unwavering Faith.

Republished from The Secret


My sincere gratitude to Rhonda Byrne and her team for bringing The Secret to me!! It’s amazing how my life changed drastically since then! Let me tell you my story:
It was around 2003 when I was already working in a government job since 1993 at the executive level and hoping to get a promotion after ten years of faithful service. In that context, I had applied for a higher post in administrative cadre three consecutive times but I was not promoted although I had all the required experience. I was very depressed and extremely sad for not having been nominated when the promotion list came out. I felt bitter and let down and terribly demotivated at work.
After quite some thought I realized that although I had the experience, I did not have a Degree Certificate. It was not a requirement but it could have helped me get through. With determination and unwavering faith, despite the fact that I had twin babies of 4 years at that time, I started a Degree course and completed it within four years on a part time basis.
Sometimes before the completion of my Degree course, I applied for my present job which was in the administrative cadre, like the one I had wished for, and which offered better pay. I was shortlisted and after the interview, I got the job and even ranked first!!
Slowly, I managed to buy my first car. It was not an Audi, but a Nissan and I was so grateful, as I did not have to go by the bus to work anymore!!
A few years passed and I managed to do an MBA with distinction, again on part time basis. This added qualification helped me to get even better pay. We also embarked on some major renovations at home, and last year we managed to offer our children a special treat for their 16th birthday. We undertook a two months trip in Europe where we visited 8 different countries including the UK. And just when we came back home, my dream Audi Car-A3, which I ordered before leaving for the trip, reached Mauritius.
Today I can proudly say that I have everything I had wished for and much more. At all times, I had unwavering faith in the universe and kept being grateful for the things coming my way.
For all of these, I am so very grateful to you, Rhonda Byrne, for introducing the LOA to us and allowing us to have a most amazing life. I would like to tell all those who sometimes doubt themselves, to have unwavering faith, like I did, and see how your life changes and the sky is the limit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment